I love fall, and always start thinking about it way to soon every year. I love everything about the season from the weather to the holidays, but one thing that I particularly like is fall fashion. I love the layers, the textures, and the colors of autumnal styles. Today I’m sharing some fall fashion staples I like to keep in my wardrobe. These are basic easy pieces that combine into all kinds of outfits.
1. A cute jacket that defines the waist. The one I’m featuring here from ModCloth exemplifies this perfectly. I like jackets that look relaxed, but still flatter the figure. Look for drawstrings at the waist to do this. Besides the flattering cut, this jacket also boasts cute pockets, and an army green color that is perfect for fall.
2. A flowy tee that layers well. I love flowy tee shirts and wear them all the time. My favorites come from Anthropologie, like the one in this collage. I have it in a mint color, but will definitely be picking up one of the jewel tones for Autumn. Anthro’s knits are always fantastic quality. I have a tee shirt from them that is nearly four years old, and still looks new.
3. A pretty flat shoe. Pretty, but still comfy and functional are qualities I look for in a fall shoe. I’m a student, so I need something that will not kill my feet as I go from class to class. I’m smitten with D’Orsay flats right now, and adore this pair from the Loft with ankle strap detailing.
4. A good pair of jeans. There is no substitute for a good pair of jeans that fit well. My current favorites are the Skinny Ankle Zip jeans from Ann Taylor Loft. They are slightly cropped, and feature cute zipper detailing at the ankles. I find them to look chic and pulled together but still be super comfortable.
5. A roomy bag. My favorite fall bag is my Cambridge Satchel. I have the brown color which I think is perfect for the fall season. The bag is practical for me because it holds my laptop as well as a book or two making perfect from class to the coffee shop.
What are you fall fashion staples?