It’s been forever since I’ve done a blog award post, but Stephanie from Sincerely, Stephanie was kind enough to tag me with the Versatile Blogger Award, so here I am doing a “7 Random Facts” post. Thank you so much Stephanie! This takes me back to when I first started my blog– tag posts were my favorite in 2011 apparently. 😉 I’ve kind of struggled to come up with seven random facts because I feel like I share so much about myself here on the blog, but these are my attempt at some new and fun things you might not know about me!
- My middle name is Ashley, and I’m convinced my mom named me after Laura Ashley without realizing it. She loved Laura Ashley in the 80s and 90s, and I’m pretty sure that subconsciously influenced my name.
- One of my guilty pleasures is real homemade popcorn with actual butter. It’s so so bad for you, and so so good.
- My best friend and I actually became best friends while I was living in California and she was living in Arkansas! We wrote letters to each other that formed the basis for a lasting friendship.
- One of my all time favorite movies is It’s a Wonderful Life. I could watch it any time of year, and multiple times during the holidays. Plus is it just me, or is Jimmy Stewart kind of dreamy? 😉
- One of my dreams is to one day buy a house from the 1920s and restore/revive it. This includes painting the front door mint green.
- When I was a kid, my family did a lot of road trips between California and Arkansas. We normally made the trip two to three times per year, so I’ve seen everything there is to see along the way. One of my favorite memories was camping at the Grand Canyon. It actually snowed in the night, and when we got up the next morning we found deer tracks all around our campsite. We spent the morning cuddled up with hot chocolate around the fire, and it was just so much fun.
- I love new beginnings of all kinds. This means I make way to big a deal out of New Year’s Day, my birthday, and anything similar. #sorrynotsorry
Now I get to nominate some wonderful blogger friends for this award! Please check these gals out– I’m a big believer in the fact that blogging should be about supporting each other and building friendships, so this is a great opportunity to do so!
And please don’t feel pressured to participate if you don’t want to. It’s entirely up to you! 🙂
Hayley from Hayley Solano
Alexandra from My Favorite Things
Madison from Minnie Muse
Grace from My Spare Oom
Devinne from Mox and Socks
Carmel from Carmel Elizabeth
Anyone else who wants to do this!
Here are the rules, copied from Stephanie’s post (I’m not sure that I followed them to a T…)
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Choose 10 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media
I hope you enjoyed reading some random facts about me! What are some random facts about you? Link to your blog post, or let me know in a comment! I’d love to hear!