-Re-posting this photo from Tuesday because it makes me happy-
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful week, and have something fun planned for this weekend! I’m looking forward to family movie night, some baking experiments, and hopefully a little bit of sewing which I will share soon.
On to this week’s favorites:
– Ashley’s planner videos are so interesting, and I found her latest one particularly helpful. Maybe I’m just nosy, but I love seeing how other people utilize their planners. I currently use the Kate Spade agenda, but can’t wait to get my hands on this one for the next year.
– I love this summer bucket list from the Lauren Conrad blog. Do you have any plans to help you savor the rest of the summer?
– Urban Decay announced the upcoming release of their new matte lipstick line! Their are some great shades in the range, and I would love to give one a try. There is even a color called 1993, and this 1993 baby thinks she might be in need of that one- I’m not too sure about the color, though, so we shall see. Perhaps I’ll at least get the matching lip pencil. I could make that work, right? 😉
– This picture is making me want a stripey black and white t-shirt dress.
– A polka dotted cake? Say what? I love this cake tutorial over on A Beautiful Mess, and I may keep it in mind for my birthday this month!
That’s it for this week! Cheers to a great weekend!
-I’ve been loving the summer issues of Victoria from the year 2000. I have my mom’s old collection, and they are so inspiring. –
It’s Friday! Yay! I hope you have all had a wonderful week, and a fantastic first few days of July. I started the week not feeling too well, but thankfully recovered quickly and was able to have a productive and fun week. I did some sewing and finished making the curtains for my bedroom which I’m excited to hang this weekend. I also managed to pick up some exciting things that you will hear more about on Monday- be sure to check back then for a fun announcement!
On to the favorites:
– This interview with Olivia de Havilland was so fun to read! I grew up watching her movies, (mostly the ones she made with Errol Flynn,) and think she seems like an amazing lady! I hope she publishes an autobiography.
– I love Lisa Eldridge’s new makeup tutorial for girls who wear glasses. She brought up many things that I’ve never heard a makeup artist address, and the video was super helpful.
– This article on creating your own wardrobe from Seamwork was a great read. I love seeing the creativity that goes into different individual closets of clothes.
– This quote is fantastic. Let’s learn to take chances.
– I’d love to try this iced coconut water americano recipe from The Kitchy Kitchen. Espresso, coconut water, and cinnamon? Sign me up!
I hope my Canadian readers all had a wonderful Canada Day this week, and that my American readers have a fun and happy Fourth of July weekend!
What have you been loving this week?
-This little zinnia has been gracing my workspace this week-
Happy Friday friends! I can’t believe it’s already been six weeks since I started this series! I hope you guys are enjoying it!
This past week was super fun! Most of my family went up to Chicago for the week, but my sister Keeley had to stay home to work, so I stayed with her. We had a blast baking, having picnics, and watching a ton of YouTube videos (we may or may not have started watching last year’s vlogmas vlogs.) It’s been so good to get to spend one-on-one time with my sweet sister!
On to the favorites:
– While we were having all that fun, Keeley started a blog! I’m so excited to read her posts, and hope you guys will go give her some love!
– I rediscovered my love for Sabrina staring Audrey Hepburn this week. It’s such a classic, and the cast is fantastic. Plus Audrey’s Givenchy wardrobe is stellar.
– The Anthropologie tag sale is going on right now! If you are an Anthro fan, but not a fan of the price tags, now is the time to go! I found a top for $10, and a super cute polka dotted blouse! 🙂
– These rose petal ice cubes from Honey Kennedy are so pretty. I love it when florals mix with food.
– Rifle Paper Co. makeup bags? Say what? I’m gonna need one of these!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! What are some your favorite things from the week?
Our zinnias are blooming! Nothing says summer to me quite like these bright colored beauties!
Happy Friday! Can you believe another week has come and gone? I’ve been busy settling back in to home life after vacation, and have been doing a lot of planning for some different creative projects I want to finish this summer, as well as things for the blog! On that note, if there is anything specific you would like to see here on the blog, please do leave a comment and let me know! As I plan out post ideas for the summer, it would be wonderful to have your input!
On to this weeks favorite:
– I watched the film Grace of Monaco staring Nicole Kidman and loved it! It chronicles Grace Kelly’s life after her marriage, and was just beautiful to watch. If you love vintage fashion, I highly recommend checking it out! (Bonus, it’s on Netflix!)
– Rifle Paper Co. announced that their new planners are available for pre-order this week! I’m smitten with the blue and white toile design.
– I love these sweet painted flower pots from Chloe Larkin. I may have to make one of these for my succulent. 🙂
– The Zinnia skirt pattern by Colette Patterns has been calling out for me to sew it, and I just might in the next few weeks. Can’t you see this in a pretty chambray fabric?
– I love Charlotte’s recent beauty picks post/video over on the Boyer Family Singers Blog. That red nail polish looks just divine!
How was your week friends? Any fun plans this weekend? Any ideas for posts you want to tell me about? I’d love to hear!
– A little preview from my next post: me at Buckingham Fountain!-
Hey friends! I’m back home from my trip, which means blogging should be happening a lot more often! Yay! Be on the look out for a couple more Chicago posts in the next few days. But for now, it’s Friday, and time to share my favorite things!
– I love this summery striped dress from ModCloth. It looks cool and comfortable, and perfect for the warmer months!
– This post on modeling and beauty from the Coletterie was thought provoking. I love getting different perspectives on this interesting topic.
– I needed these words this week.
– I’m finding The Blog Beautician YouTube channel so helpful! Dana posts videos on a variety of topics relating to blogging. Whether you are a new blogger or have been around for a while, I’m sure you will find her videos teach you something new!
– These mini polka dotted cards with kraft envelopes are just too cute!
Happy Weekend friends! How was your week? What are your favorite things this week?