Hi friends! I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty much only listening to Christmas music right now! Today I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite holiday songs with you guys. A lot of my favorites come from my vinyl collection (mostly sourced from Goodwill and flea markets,) but I also always make a Spotify playlist for this time of year.
Hi friends! I hope your weekend is off to a great start! I just finished my final night of performances this week, which is a wonderful feeling. It will be nice for the last week of classes to be a normal week without the stress of nightly rehearsals. The performances were fun, and I almost can’t believe it was my last year to participate in this event! The fact that I’m graduating in the spring is starting to sink in.
It’s been ages since I’ve done a favorite things post, so I’m bringing it back this week! If you’re new to my blog, these are posts where I share random things I love from around the internet. On to this week’s edition!
– These DIY wooden Christmas ornaments are beautiful. I especially love the combination of rose gold and plain wood. It’s such a great contrast!
– I’m currently obsessed with Rifle Paper Co.’s wrapping paper, and can’t wait to order some for my Christmas gifts this year. I especially love the little snow scene design.
– My roommate and I watched the movie Begin Again this weekend, and Keira Knightly’s style in the film was amazing. It was cool, effortless, and feminine all at the same time. I’d like that costume designer to style my wardrobe. 😉
– I love this cute cable knit hat pattern. If I ever finish all of my Christmas knitting (more on that in another post soon,) I may have to make this for myself!
– These mercury glass monogrammed ornaments from Anthropologie are so pretty, and just went on sale! I purchased one as gift for a friend the other day, and can’t wait to give it to her! I think something personal like this is such a nice touch in a gift.
That’s it for now! What have you been loving lately? I’d love to hear!
Hey there friends! Today’s blogmas post is coming to you a little bit late (12:04 a.m. at the time of typing,) due to some technical difficulties e.g. I need to transfer a bunch of files to my external hard-drive because they are massively slowing down my laptop.
Anyway, happy Thursday! Today was a super busy day for me going from 8:00 a.m. lab all the way through a 6:30 dress rehearsal this evening, but in spite of the busy, it was a good day. I’m starting to check things off of my do-to-before-finals list, and that’s a good feeling. I’m majorly looking forward to the weekend to have some time to rest.
There is a row of trees behind campus that was absolutely stunning last week, though now the leaves are pretty much 100% gone. I was able to play around with photographing them before they lost their pretty colors, and I thought I’d share them with you today! Autumn has been so wonderful, and I love that I will have these pictures to remember it by. The day I took these on was incredibly beautiful and full of sunshine, and I love the warm glow that added to the photos.
1. Who doesn’t love a cute winter hat? They are so practical during the winter months, but aren’t something I would think to buy for myself. I love this creamy cable knitted dream with a fantastic fur bobble from Anthropologie.
2. I’m always eyeing the jewelry storage at Target, and this particular little tray is one I’ve had my eye on for a while now. I love the white and gold, and the three tiered design. It’s perfect for storing jewelry, nail polish, or whatever you please!
3. A good eye shadow palette is always exciting, and a recent release that I think looks amazing is the Lancome Audacity in Paris palette, designed by the one and only Lisa Eldridge. I love Lisa, I love eye shadow, and I love pinky-neutral colors, so this palette is a win win win in my book.
4. Of course I had to include a bit of Rifle Paper Co. in this list! I love this coffee and tea themed calendar for the upcoming year. Christmas is the perfect time for a new calendar since the new year comes so quickly afterwards. (eeek! That’s a little scary!)
5. ‘Tis the season for baths, and Lush bath bombs certainly make them a lot more fun. Their entire Christmas collection is gorgeous, but I’m particularly fond of Golden Wonder. Plus it looks like a present, so it’s perfect for gift giving!
6. Every year Anthropologie brings out these beautiful gold editions of their initial mugs, and I just love them. I got mine a couple of years ago, and love it so much I had to talk myself out of buying a duplicate while Christmas shopping the other day. These mugs are stunning, and make great personalized gifts, especially when paired with a festive tea blend or some homemade hot chocolate mix.
7. Claire Thomas’s cookbook is something that’s on my own personal wishlist this year. Her YouTube channel and blog are some of my favorites, and I love her approach to cooking. I’m confident her cookbook is absolutely amazing.
What are you giving/wishing for this Christmas? Is there anything you would add to my list?
Hello friends! I’ve been needing a bit of a push with blogging lately, so I’ve set a little challenge for myself: Blogmas! If you spend any time on YouTube, you may have seen Vlogmas videos that appear everyday in December. I’m simply reworking the concept for my blog. This basically means that I will be trying to publish a blog post everyday until Christmas, and I’m excited to give it a go!
To kick off Blogmas, I have some fun Christmassy photos for you! Over the Thanksgiving break, I was able to spend some precious time at home with my family. One of my favorite family traditions is shopping for our Christmas tree. We go to a local garden center, always armed with coffee and hot chocolate, and pick out the perfect tree for our home. It’s such a fun time, and has come to mean the start of the holiday season to me. As time all together becomes increasingly rare, I treasure these moments that we do get to share. This year we had to brave a bit of rain, but it didn’t put a damper on the fun that was had.