Happy Thanksgiving friends! Over the past several years this holiday has become more and more special to me, and gratitude has become something I try to be intentional about practicing. It is so easy to get caught up in day-to-day business and forget to take time to reflect, so I love that we have this time set aside each year to remind us of all the good in our lives. One of my favorite quotes reads “interrupt anxiety with gratitude.,” and I’ve been working to live this quote out.
It’s been a year full of ups and downs and change– and it’s been wonderful.
Here are some things I’m grateful for:
- My big, hilarious, wonderful family.
- Graduating university.
- Having a job that inspires me.
- The opportunity to create online content while working.
- Getting to spend time with the local international community.
- Watching my students grow as musicians.
- Kind and caring friends.
- A season of life in which I get to spend a lot of time with family.
- Being able to enjoy reading again.
- Creative hobbies that make life richer.
- My health.
- The growth I’ve seen in my online community– this means you! Thank you for being an amazing part of my year!
I’m also thankful my mom entrusted me with the tablescape this year. It gave me an excuse to pretend to be Joanna Gaines!
So tell me: what are you grateful for this year? I’d love to hear!