Well, two more lovely ladies tagged me, so I thought I would answer their questions. I will spare you the eleven random things, since you’ve already heard that:-) Thank you so much Elizabeth and Nessima!
- If you were to be a Jane Austen character, which lady would you be? I think I would be Marianne Dashwood. I resemble her in many ways:-)
- Writing or drawing? Drawing- preferably pen with watercolors.
- Sewing or crocheting? Sewing!
- Baking or cooking? Cooking. Though I am very fond of baking cakes.
- Are you a city mouse, or a country mouse? I’ve always lived in the suburbs, but I’m not particularly attached to the city or the country. I am happy as long as I’m with people I love:-) For example, when I went to Europe two of my favorite places were Paris, France, and Chawton where Jane Austen lived in England. One was huge, one didn’t even really have cars.
- Do you have a large family, or a small one? Large by most standards! I have six siblings:-)
- If you were to be like a main character from a book, and your whole life would roll out like that heroine’s life did, which book would you choose: Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre, or Meg March from Little Women. I would choose Jane Eyre. Her life wasn’t always happy, but it seems a bit more interesting than Meg’s to me.
- Which is your favorite BBC miniseries? (ex. Wives and Daughters, Cranford, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, etc….) Oh dear! I love Emma and Wives and Daughters. Probably one of those.
- What is your favorite type of countryside: farmland, woods, prairie, seaside, or desert? Woods and seaside. I love them both!
- If you were to receive one thing you have been wanting for a long time, what would it be? A harp with a teacher!
- Do you sell handcrafts online? (ex. an etsy shop, personal website, etc.) I sell doll clothes on Etsy as well as jewelry. I’m considering making my jewelry shop more of a boutique with other things available that I like to make, but I’m not sure yet.
3. Describe to me that outfit in your head, the one you wish you had so badly… A 1920’s evening dress with high heels and a beaded bag!
4. What’s your favorite musical instrument? What image comes to mind when you think of this instrument? To play, the piano. I actually think of The Phantom of the Opera for some reason…maybe because I was playing the music yesterday.
5. Would you rather be divinely beautiful, angelically good, or dazzlingly clever? Dazzlingly clever:)
6. Are you more likely to be found in an old attic with your nose in a book, or will you be hanging out at the mall with your besties? Well, if I’m in the state I live in, I would be with a book. If I’m wear my bestie lives, than we would be together, but not at the mall. You would find us sewing while watching Doctor Who or a period drama and drinking vast amounts of tea. And her cat would probably be sleeping nearby.
7. If you could’ve been born in any time period (other than your own), what would it be? In the mid-eighteen hundreds, but after the Civil War. I wouldn’t want to live through that, but I would love to see all of the interesting changes that took place in that time.
8. Is your preferred weapon a bow and a quiver of arrows, or a magnificently wrought sword (you’re allowed to be all clever and say “wit”)? A sword. I would like to fight like Eowyn if I must fight:-)
9. Your preferred mode of travel? By plane and by London taxis!
10. You hear about a new historical or fantasy movie that is coming out soon. You are:
a) Ecstatic: you’re favorite dream-boat of an actor is in it!
b) Super-stoked: the book that it’s based on is amazing!
c) Excited to see the costumes, of course!
d) Your favorite composer is doing the soundtrack. Need I say more?
e) Going just to see the horses which will undoubtedly be gorgeous.
f) Not going at all; there’s a new sci-fi thriller out that begs to watched!
B. I am always excited to see a new interpretation of a book I love!
11. Of all the places in this world, the place you love most is….? Home:-) Wherever that may be at that time.