Happy first day of summer everyone! Each season throughout the year has it’s own charm to me, and while fall and winter are my favorites, summer will always have a special place in my heart. I’m not the biggest fan of hot days, but I love long breezy days, picnics, family time, reading, traveling, and of course, my birthday. 🙂
Today I’m sharing some of my favorite things for the summer season.
- A summery candle. Candles might not be the first thing you think of when thinking of summer essentials, but I love a good bright and fresh sent for those days when I would rather be inside than outside. This one is Pomelo & Sea Salt from Anthropologie. The fact that it has sea salt in the name just takes me back to summers visiting Coronado Island. The sent is fresh, fruity, and perfect for summertime!
- Comfy sandals. I pretty much live in sandals this time of year as it’s too hot for anything else! I got this pair last year from American Eagle Outfitters, and love the ankle strap detail. They go with everything and are so comfortable!
- A bright nail polish. I’m all about pretty peachy coral shades this time of year. This shade is Duchess Walk from Nails Inc. See this post to read more about some of my favorite peachy colors.
- A tinted lip balm. Most of the time in the summer I don’t want to deal with an actual lipstick. The southern humidity means that most products melt off fairly quickly, so I like a tinted lip balm for this time of the year. The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in the Ruby shade is a lovely lip balm with a little punch of color as well as SPF for sunny summer adventuring.
- A good book. I always associate summertime with extra time to read. This is probably a left-over mentality from summer vacations as a kid, but I still love putting together a reading list in the summer. I just started reading The Last Tycoon by F. Scott Fitzgerald in anticipation of the delicious looking Amazon series staring Lily Collins. Fitzgerald is one of my all time favorite authors, and I’m enjoying this book so far.
- Breezy clothes in floral prints. My wardrobe contains quite a few breezy floral pieces for this time of year, and one of my favorites is this little top from Paper Crown by Rifle Paper Co. It’s lightweight and oh so summery. I also love that it can be easily layered and dressed up or down. Plus how could I not love that beautiful print?
What are some of your summer essentials? Are you a warm weather person or a cool weather person? I’d love to hear!