Sew for Victory: A Green 1940’s Dress

 I decided to participate in Sew for Victory at the last minute, but managed to finish a dress! I’m so pleased with the final product. I used Retro Butterick 5209. It was an interesting and very easy pattern to work with. I made from a linen look rayon from Joann, and added covered buttons to the midriff for a bit of dressmaker charm. Here are some pictures taken by my big brother. He makes me laugh. 🙂

Be sure to check out the Sew for Victory Flickr group for more 40’s loveliness!

4 thoughts on “Sew for Victory: A Green 1940’s Dress

  1. This is adorable! I like the dress much more with buttons down the front – what a neat idea. The color definitely suits you and you did a lovely job sewing it. Wow!

    Keep up the excellent work. 🙂

    Happy sewing,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *