As I prepare to switch over my closet for spring, I’m taking a style challenge! For ten days, I’ll be pairing ten pieces in different outfit combinations in a kind of micro capsule wardrobe, and I’m pretty excited about it. This challenge is hosted by two queens of thoughtful style, Lee of Style Bee and Caroline of Unfancy. I’m looking forward to challenging myself creatively over the next several days, and starting next week I’ll be sharing the outfits here on the blog. I selected an assortment of pieces that feel fresh and springy, and also a bit unique, and today I’m sharing those ten pieces with you.
From swingy skirts to pastel hues, let’s get ready for spring.
I wanted to play with pieces that weren’t traditional capsule wardrobe fare; things like a Victorian style top or boldly patterned midi skirt. My style is definitely a conglomeration of several things, and I like the challenge of trying to incorporate these bolder pieces into a closet full of basics. I chose to work specifically with clothing items, and didn’t include shoes or accessories in my ten pieces. Bellow I’ve listed a break-down of the items, as well as links to any that are currently available. I’ve also included links to items similar to those I purchased second hand at the end of this post!
- A cropped blush tee. (Everlane)
- A Breton striped tee. (Thrifted)
- A Victorian inspired blouse. (ThredUp)
2 Outer Layers
- A sleeveless trench. (Poshmark)
- A denim jacket. (ThredUp)
- A lace midi skirt. (Thrifted)
- A floral midi skirt. (Made by me)
- Dark wash skinny jeans. (prAna)
- White cropped pants. (Everlane)
- A black wrap dress. (Margu Design)