– some of my favorite Instagram photos from April –
Happy May friends! I know I say something to this affect every month, but I just can’t believe it’s already May! That means that summer is coming, and for me that means some fun trips and experiences are in the near future. Finals are this coming week, so my summer break really does begin soon and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m still formulating all of my summer plans, but I know it’s going to be a wonderful season.
April whizzed by me and left me a little bit disheveled. As the semester nears its end, things always get chaotic, and this semester was no exception. Tests, papers, projects, and practicing made up most of my days. In spite of the busyness I did manage to take time to see beauty around me and to enjoy another month of life. Busy seasons are so growing and always make me feel a little more alive. There’s something so satisfying in accomplishing your goals.
All of that said, I did a pretty terrible job of meeting my five goals I set last month. I’m not too torn up about it because I did accomplish a lot of things I needed to do, but I’m hopeful that May will be better in terms of these little personal goals. I’m feeling quite a surge of creativity lately and I’m ready to actually work on some ideas I’ve had in this last month.
Here are my five goals for May:
1. Read. I’m working on several books and I set a pretty ambitious reading goal for the year. Once school is over I should have so much more time for fun reading.
2. Sew something for my wardrobe. I haven’t actually sewn a garment in ages and I’m itching to.
3. Practice. While my first instinct when the semester ends is to take a break from music all together, this summer I want to be intentional with working on technique, and maybe even get a good start on this fall’s repertoire.
4. Get back to the photo-a-day series. This was a goal last month that just didn’t happen. I’ve really missed my daily photo taking adventures and want to get back to them.
5. Make time for quite time. For me it can be so easy when my schedule changes to become lazy in my spiritual life. I want to make time with God a priority this summer.
I hope your month is off to a beautiful start! What are your plans for May?