Hi friends! I know I’m always saying this, but sorry for the lack of posts around here! As much as I wish it didn’t, school has to come before my blog right now, and I’ve been struggling to balance blogging with my schedule this semester. I have high hopes for October, though, and I appreciate you all sticking with me through one more year of college.
Let’s chat about September.
I honestly can’t believe September is already coming to a close! I’ve been so busy that I almost feel I haven’t been very aware of the passage of time this month. It was a bit chaotic and always bubbling with activity. I’m starting to feel settled in my classes, although some are proving to be challenging. I’m trying to stay motivated and work hard. Last month my days mostly consisted of classes and homework, with a little Netflix, embroidery, reading, and blogging as I found time. I was able to spend a weekend at home with my family which is always wonderful, and finally managed to make my apartment start to feel like a home with the addition of a sofa and some artwork.
I love October. It is such a beautiful month, and the weather is my favorite. I’m looking forward to it, and hoping that my schedule will calm down a bit. As I make goals for the month, my focus is on recharging, finding peace within the craziness, being present in the moment, and of course being creative.
1. At the end of each day, think of something that made me happy. It can be easy to go from one day to the next without even noticing the good that happens.
2. Refinish the dresser for my living room. My mom and I found a great dresser by the side of the road over the summer, and It’s been waiting for me to refinish it. I’ll be sure to share about this project!
3. Listen to four audio books. I love using Audible, and find it so peaceful to sit and listen to books. Last weekend I listened to Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, and loved it!
4. Make apple cider donuts. Recipes for these keep popping up all over the web, and I need them in my life!
5. Make time for yoga. My body goes into high stress mode during the school year, and is definitely in need of some yoga.
Let’s have a great October! What are some of your goals this month? I’d love to hear!