Happy weekend, once again, friends! This weekend my schedule is pretty jam packed as I get ready for a local Christmas concert I’m playing in next week. We are running seven shows, which means busy evenings and long rehearsals, but I love the festive hum of being involved in a holiday concert. Between work and the show, I’m hoping to make time for festive activities like decorating, making treats with my sisters, reading by the fire, knitting along to a Christmas movie, and playing my favorite holiday records. Here’s to a full but fun week!
Since this is my first holiday season since I finished university, my goal has been to plan ahead to really enjoy the season. When I was in college, Christmas shopping didn’t happen until vacation started which was the week of Christmas day. The rush of coming home and getting everything done made the season a bit more stressful than I would like, so this year, I’ve already nearly finished with my shopping, and have my activities planned out to make the most of my favorite time of year. Hooray for progress!
Some links for the weekend
– I’m trying to catch up on my Goodreads goal, which feels pretty out of reach at this point. Over the past week I listened to the Audible production of Home: A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews. Julie Andrews reads the book, and the recording includes little segments from her singing career. It was such a lovely book!
– These festive tech wallpapers Carrie created are perfect for this time of year!
– Looking to send out some holiday greetings? I recently picked up an adorable pack of Christmas postcards from Rifle Paper Co. I love that they include 10 in a set, and it makes sending out some festive cheer so easy.
– Claire’s video showing her favorite vintage wardrobe pieces was so fun to watch. I’ve pretty much been browsing vintage dresses on Etsy non-stop since I watched it.
– Bethany’s recipe for a holiday chocolate cake looks amazing and perfect for parties during the festive season.
Posts to catch up on