In my mind, Audrey Hepburn was one of the most stylish women in history. She was beautiful both inside and outside and I admire her both as a person and a style icon.
One thing about Audrey’s style that was so special is its timelessness. Take a look at the photos bellow, and you will notice classic pieces that could easily be worn today such as plaid button downs and striped tees.
1. Look for simple striped tees. They are classic and so wearable. This one from J.Crew has three quarter length sleeves, a curved hem, and cute pocket. Pair it with skinny jeans and ballet flats for a classic but modern look.
2. Audrey often wore simple shorts like these from Banana Republic. They are a dressier option for shorts, and look great with a striped tee of plaid top.
3. Try a plaid button down blouse! This one from ModCloth has a cute collar detail and could be worn in countless cute ways!
4. Ballet flats. At a time when stylish women almost always favored heels, Audrey rebelled and wore flats. One of her signature styles was a simple blouse, slim pants, and a pair of flats. These from Ruche incorporate some lovely modern details such as a metallic toe.
5. Finally, keep a classic dress in your closet. Black is always a great option. You can pull it out for day in the winter and at nighttime all year long. This one from Asos is so classic featuring an A-line skirt and elbow sleeves.
Most of what Audrey Hepburn wore were simple pieces that could easily be mixed and matched. Try one or a few of these options to add a little Audrey flair to your wardrobe!